What is your favourite sport and why?
I love a lot of sports, both playing and watching them, but I think my favourite would have to be cricket. I have played cricket since the age of 11. I was the only girl in the school cricket team, and I played for Ashbourne Ladies and Wirksworth ladies. I went onto play for Derbyshire until my early 20’s. I grew up with cricket and I loved being part of a team, and being the youngest in the ladies teams, I learned a lot from them.
What is your proudest sporting achievement/moment?
One of the most exciting moments was when I scored my first ‘180’ in darts. I play for The Blythe in the winter league, and I have been playing for them since I was 16.
How did you get into being a Sports teacher?
I have always loved participating in sport and I went on my first coaching course at the age of 15. From then, I have coached a variety of sports to a variety of ages and abilities and I found it to be a very rewarding experience. It was this reason why I became a Sports teacher.
What do you like to do to relax?
I like spending time with my family and friends.
What are your qualifications…
I have a wide range of qualifications including First Aid:-
- PGCE in PE
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Sports Studies
- Higher National Diploma in Sports Studies
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Cricket level 1 Coaching award (in the process of getting my Level 2 at the moment)
- Level 1 Swimming assistant (teaching)
- STA Level 2 Award in Aquatic Teaching – Baby and Pre-School
- STA Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming
- Hockey level 1 Coaching award
- Athletics level 1 Coaching award
- Badminton level 1 Coaching award
- Netball assistant Coaching award
- Rounders level 1 Coaching award
- Gold Duke of Edinburgh award
- Rugby ready
What is your favourite film?
I like a huge mix of films. I love the ‘Die Hard’ films for a bit of action, but I think ‘The Goonies’ is absolutely brilliant!
What type of music do you like?
I like listening to a wide range of music, but I absolutely love classic rock. I grew up listening to Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Gun and Roses, Aerosmith and many more. My absolute favourite is Bon Jovi. I have seen them 10 times in concert, and I’m going again this year!